Arc'teryx

gnwatts

Being a card carrying gear snob, I have always liked and purchased equipment from this company. In the past I have returned pants and jackets with zippers that have stopped working, usually after years of service, clothing was fixed for free. I bought a Beta AR goretex jacket from them about 6 years ago, and the zippers finally gave out. The jacket was worn, still worked fine (except the zippers), with a few holes here and there. I found out today I will be getting a new jacket. Brand spanking new. They rock.

I have been in their store in Seattle and they have opened one here in Portland. Cool store. It is fun watching people almost have a heart attack when they look at the price tag :) I have the beta AR pants, and they are bomb proof. I need to get a winter jacket for this winter (first winter in Utah!).

Just received delivery of the Fortez Hoody. Too warm right now to wear it, but I love the look and fit. The balaclava sewn into the hood is genius. Arc'teryx prices, however, make Patagonia's seem reasonable. Thankfully I bought the hoody on clearance.

Nice to know they are still fixing and replacing their products.

I had an Arc'teryx Bora 80 years ago. The hipbelt webbing stated separating from the padded portion of the belt in Algonquin. I was not carrying nylon upholstery thread or sewing needles to repair my gear and almost ended up humping out that pack with the shoulder straps alone but the belt hung together by a few threads. They did replace my belt back in civilization. Now a length of nylon thread and a few needles are part of my kit!

They make some good stuff though, got a great fleece jacket on a deep sale many years ago that has become one of my all time favorites like an old, warm and comfortable sweater. It is really over built with a draft blocker under the over-sized zipper.

If I'm gear shopping and arc teryx makes makes the piece of gear I'm looking for, chances are good I'll buy it. Arc teryx is one of the few companies I'll buy gear sight unseen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk