Any musicians out there?

I know how to play a handful of instruments, but I only consider myself a musician when playing guitar.

I play. Mostly guitar and piano. Used to be in 2-3 bands at once. These days I prefer to write and record on my own, but don't get as much done as I used to.

I play a little guitar, kind of fake my around bass and lately have been playing around with sequencing a couple of analog synthesizers and an analog drum machine. I have a small home recording setup in my home office. Used to have of a garage band way back. I get more points for concept than I do execution. Both of my daughters thankfully have the actual musical talent I lack, they both play piano very well.

I play the bagpipes. Some people would argue whether or not that counts as music!

I play the banjo. Whoops did I say banjo I meant to say canjo...
20150305_215148.jpg

Attachments

• 20150305_215144.jpg
    20150305_215144.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 16
Yessir. Drummer mostly, but do some mixing & turntables. Have a shared studio with my brother and a collection of about 400-500 old jazz, blues & funk records. Blue Note original pressings, etc. Also a lot of old comedy (Red fox, George carlin, Richard Pryor, etc.). Love digging in the old record stores!

I play all kinds of flutes. Mostly Native American but I have a couple of Asian styles and a didgeridoo as well.

The one I have been playing around with recently is an Asian style and is actually the exact same style and maker as the one David Carridine used in Kill Bill. All are so unique and beautiful I could collect and play them all day.

Something about the sound of a Native American flute in the canyons, like a glimpse back into the past. They are simple to learn, weigh almost nothing and most will fit into your pack.

I hate to plug someones business but this guy: http://eriktheflutemaker.com/ makes some flutes that sound amazing, and are reasonably priced.

If you ever hear the lonesome sound of a flute in canyon, it might be me. Sorry in advance, I didn't mean to disturb the silence and I didn't know you where there.

Guitar and a little bass. Played in a gigging band for a couple years back in college but have one-man banded ever since.

Used to play drums in a couple of bands, but the practicing got to be too much time / work when we all had young kids. Nowadays the drums are dusty in the corner. I DJ for some local dance groups occasionally though, and do a bit of remixing, just for fun.

I play French horn in the local symphony orchestra, and made a good chunk of my living doing that for a few years before moving out to this area. Wanting to get in to DJing and producing, but that's a whole new realm.

Back