Andy Adams Reservoir

Nick

-
I had to stick around town this last weekend to film a 2-day training conference, but I was still able to get out and do a little paddling on some new water. My buddy JB from Kraken Bass (who I was working with at the conference) had scoped out a new place in the middle of Layton called Andy Adams Reservoir. He's been giving me bass fishing pointers and I wanted to learn more. He was also stoked to try out my new sit on top kayak to see if it would be worth picking one up in the future.

After the course ended on Saturday, we headed over to Andy Adams to try our luck. The fall colors and snow dusted peaks of the Wasatch made for a nice back drop.
andy-adams-reservoir-1.jpg

JB was able to stand up on the SOT but it was wobbly. I'm sort of amazed he was able to stand up and sit down without dunking it.
andy-adams-reservoir-2.jpg

Cruising the shores
andy-adams-reservoir-3.jpg

There were fish jumping all over the place but neither of us were having much luck. JB was just going for bass and I was switching it up between my fly rod and the spin rod. I tried everything I could think of and could not catch a fish for the life of me. The closes I came was tiny rainbows rising on my fly that were too small to hook.
andy-adams-reservoir-4.jpg

andy-adams-reservoir-5.jpg

Luckily JB killed the skunk for the trip and caught a bass up in the trees.
andy-adams-reservoir-6.jpg

andy-adams-reservoir-8.jpg

I didn't catch anything but paddling around up here was enough fun for me to be happy.
andy-adams-reservoir-9.jpg

andy-adams-reservoir-11.jpg

andy-adams-reservoir-12.jpg

andy-adams-reservoir-13.jpg

View Larger Map
Featured image for home page:
slide.jpg

Nice, that's a great way to spend a relaxing afternoon.

I had to check this out when I saw the title on this one. That's the pond my kids keep going to with my canoe. My 11 year old wants a kayak so bad just because he thinks he can figure a way to haul it to Andy Adams on his bike (ya, we live that close) and paddle around there chasing fish. Looks like you had a great time.

I had to check this out when I saw the title on this one. That's the pond my kids keep going to with my canoe. My 11 year old wants a kayak so bad just because he thinks he can figure a way to haul it to Andy Adams on his bike (ya, we live that close) and paddle around there chasing fish. Looks like you had a great time.

That's awesome this is in your neighborhood. The whole time I was there I just kept thinking how much I wished I had something like that in my area. Nice little spot.

That's awesome this is in your neighborhood. The whole time I was there I just kept thinking how much I wished I had something like that in my area. Nice little spot.
Ya, it's new in the last year or two. I've always loved the view of the mountains here, now we have another nice little pond to play on in the shadow of those hills.