Add a classifieds section?

Should there be a classifieds section on Backcountrypost?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes but only for established members

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Not yet, let the site grow more

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

Nick

-
Archbishop brought up a suggestion that we add a classifieds section to the website for buying, selling and trading gear. It sounds like a decent idea to me but I never buy or sell anything on classifieds so I thought I'd put it up for a poll amongst the Backcountrypost Members. So what do you all think, should we add a Classifieds section?

I vote for a classified, but only accessed by member with, say 30-40 quality post as determined by mods. This will, I believe, encourage the growth of the site through more quality post whilst allowing for a trading section for those interested. Having a post requirement should also keep the site from becoming a flea market type site.

I vote for a classified, but only accessed by member with, say 30-40 quality post as determined by mods. This will, I believe, encourage the growth of the site through more quality post whilst allowing for a trading section for those interested. Having a post requirement should also keep the site from becoming a flea market type site.

x2

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

I like the idea of a classifieds section. I also like the idea of it being only for trusted people. But, being the newest member here, and considering that I've met a bunch of you in person, I could see the logic in overlooking a post-count rule for people who are well known in the community.
On the other hand, if one of the goals is site-growth as Archbishop mentioned above, then maybe trust isn't enough.

Okay, I'm going to add this section to the site this week. Not sure exactly what criteria I'll use for who can post in it yet but I'll make it so that you have to be an established user.

Well I posted the buy, sell, trade section and it didn't get any posts. Granted, I only let it sit for a few days, but why don't we do this for now. If anyone wants to buy, sell or trade gear, just create a thread in the Gear forum. Once we get enough of that, we'll create a designated forum. In the mean time I'd like to keep it clean and simple and without unnecessary sub-forums. :cool:

Well I posted the buy, sell, trade section and it didn't get any posts. Granted, I only let it sit for a few days, but why don't we do this for now. If anyone wants to buy, sell or trade gear, just create a thread in the Gear forum. Once we get enough of that, we'll create a designated forum. In the mean time I'd like to keep it clean and simple and without unnecessary sub-forums. :cool:

I have a bunch of crap I need to sell but I dont want to dig it out of storage in the middle of winter.

After talking about this with some members while out on trips over the last month, I decided to go ahead and put the Buy, Sell, Trade section back up. I know I have a few things I need to toss in there soon. If anyone has a great idea for a catchier name for the sub-section, let me know! Otherwise, feel free to start posting your gear in there. I imagine it will start out slow but hopefully over time it may become a great resource.

Gear Market: Buy, Sell, Trade

Screen Shot 2012-11-02 at 7.57.42 AM.png

Buy my gear so I can get more, Why did I spend money on this stuff, Gear for beer,