Happy Canyon

Aldaron

Aldaron submitted a new Trail Guide:

Happy Canyon

1-jpg.9071

With expansive views over the Dirty Devil River and a beautiful slot canyon, Happy Canyon makes a great non-technical hike in the Robber’s Roost area.
Read more about this Trail Guide...

Woot! That's cool.
Thx for sharing, Keith! :)

Unfortunately the Trail Guide isn't visible in Tapatalk.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2

Way cool. Notice any water sources other than the Dirty D along the way? I'd be interested in doing this as an overnighter.

Other than puddles in the canyon, I didn't see any other water. But this trip report talks about finding water further up canyon. I wouldn't mind going for a longer trip out here like that.

Other than puddles in the canyon, I didn't see any other water. But this trip report talks about finding water further up canyon. I wouldn't mind going for a longer trip out here like that.

That link belongs to a cool east-coast guy named Daniel who helped me with info when I did my thru-hike in 2009. I loaded up on decent water from near the bottom of the narrows (stagnant, but still better than the Dirty Devil.) Then I found a few outbreaks of water in the middle-stretch of the canyon as Daniel reported. I wouldn't trust it too much late in the season or in a very dry year. Farther up I also found water just above the fork with French Canyon and then a short stretch of running water farther up near the head of South Fork.

BTW -- I think I'm headed back there later this month or early May to finish the hike I bailed on last year!

- Jamal

upper french spring fork has nice water (probably permanent). on a spring trip we found a number of seeps/puddles near the confluence of the N and S forks that were mineralized and nasty, but usable. I'd guess those are gone in summer though.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Burr Point Happy Canyon Airstrip Trip Planning 0
Ross Dirty Devil and Happy Canyon Hiking & Camping 14
SteveR Happy Canyon via Black Jump? Trip Planning 29
Ross Invite Cathedral Valley,Halls Creek.Happy canyon,Bisti,Caineville Mesa + more Meet Up (Members Only) 4
Jammer Cows in Happy Canyon General Discussion 10
Adventure monkey Steve Allen's exit out of Happy Canyon to the Big Ridge. Trip Planning 17
SteveR Happy Canyon and Coyote Buttes South questions Trip Planning 4
Dustin Gent happy canyon Trip Planning 11
fiber Happy Canyon/Sams Mesa Box Canyon - 4 day loop from Burr Point Canyoneering 7
regehr happy canyon Trip Planning 17
Magic_Hour Happy Canyon Backpacking - Utah Backpacking 4
IntrepidXJ Happy Canyon & Poison Springs Hiking & Camping 7
regehr Happy Canyon Hiking & Camping 5
Nick Happy 10th Birthday BCP! General Discussion 8
Bob Happy New Year ..... and cold ... General Discussion 3
Rockskipper Happy New Year Aurora General Discussion 0
kwc Happy Father’s Day to all the dads on the forum! General Discussion 0
Pianomover Happy Birthday! General Discussion 0
Wolverine1875 Just registered. Happy to have found the forum Noobs: Introduce yourself! 2
Reef&Ruins Not Super Happy About This.... General Discussion 15
Rockskipper It's that time of year, are you thankful or an ingrate? (Happy T-Day) General Discussion 10
longtimesun Happy to provide beta on Mountains - New timer to BackCountry Post Noobs: Introduce yourself! 1
Nick Happy 4th Bday, BCP! General Discussion 21
krough Happy to be here Noobs: Introduce yourself! 3
Rock Happy to be A Part of A New Community Noobs: Introduce yourself! 9
CSNBR Happy to have found you all Noobs: Introduce yourself! 3
gnwatts Happy Chrismahanukwanzakah General Discussion 4
balzaccom Happy to join you Noobs: Introduce yourself! 2
Nick Happy Birthday BCP! General Discussion 1
Nick Happy Birthday BCP! General Discussion 19
Michael Happy New Year General Discussion 1
J Reflection Canyon Trip Planning 3
fossana Found: prescription glasses near the top of the Flipoff Canyon approach General Discussion 5
Spud Salt Creek Canyon question Trip Planning 11
B Buckskin gulch/Pariah canyon Carpool Trip Planning 0
TractorDoc Paintbrush Canyon / Cascade Canyon Loop -- Grand Teton NP September 11, 2023 Hiking & Camping 9
Kullaberg63 15 day canyon route Backpacking 13
Titans Tricked in the canyon! Hiking & Camping 5
TrailScot Dayhiking the Under-the-Rim Trail - Bryce Canyon NP - October 2023 Hiking & Camping 4
Janice Such a GRAND Canyon - Deer Creek / Tapeats / Thunder River Backpacking 21
M Mee/Knowles Canyon Loop, Grand Junction Colorado Backpacking 4
OldBill Short hike at the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania Hiking & Camping 1
S Paria Canyon- Whitehouse to Lees Ferry, Oct 18 to 21, 2023 Trip Reports 0
scatman Yellowstone's Thorofare, Headwaters of Thorofare Creek, Majo Pass, Younts Peak, Bob's Canyon, and Cub Creek - August 9, 2023 - Days 7 through 10 Backpacking 34
scatman Yellowstone's Thorofare, Headwaters of Thorofare Creek, Majo Pass, Younts Peak, Bob's Canyon, and Cub Creek - August 9, 2023 - Days 1 through 6 Backpacking 56
A Bowdie Canyon Trip Planning 10
TheMountainRabbit Silas Canyon (Popo Agie Wilderness) - August 2023 Backpacking 3
J Paria Canyon - One Day Trail Trip Planning 10
Bob The New Grand Canyon Trip Planning 1
WhozWutz Invite Horse Canyon Needles Meet Up (Members Only) 1