2015 Concept Jeeps

DrNed

The mountains are calling and I must go
As one who grew up in the great state of Michigan I regularly read the local papers. Jeep recently unveiled some concept vehicles for the upcoming Easter Jeep Safari.

These images are originally found on The Detroit News home page. Scroll towards the bottom for the slide show.

If you're really into such things, you can read more here.

Mark Allen, head of Jeep Brand Design, talks about the vehicles, including, this Jeep Grand Cherokee Overlander that is equipped with a ladder that leads to an AutoHome, a two-person tent on a modified roof rack. Todd McInturf / The Detroit News
Jeep 1.jpg

The Jeep Staff Car is "a salute to legendary Jeep military service vehicles." According to a Utah travel industry website, “the annual Easter Jeep Safari is America's largest and best-known event promoting recreational four wheeling. It is held in Moab, Utah, and runs for nine days, taking place the week before and including Easter Sunday.” Todd McInturf / The Detroit News
Jeep 2.jpg

This Jeep Grand Cherokee Overlander is equipped with a ladder that leads to an AutoHome, a two-person tent on a modified roof rack. Todd McInturf / The Detroit News
Jeep 3.jpg

I think they put out some really cool concepts each year at EJS. My favorite was the Nukizer concept a few years back.

Jeep-NuKizer-concept-photo-courtesy-of-Chrysler-Media1.jpg

I'm not a jeep guy, but if they ever produced this, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

I think they put out some really cool concepts each year at EJS. My favorite was the Nukizer concept a few years back.

Jeep-NuKizer-concept-photo-courtesy-of-Chrysler-Media1.jpg

I'm not a jeep guy, but if they ever produced this, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

That is AWESOME!

I liked the FC version the best so far. Maybe the result of growing up driving one of the originals. Jeeps are sort of in my blood. From when I first learned to drive (in a CJ 2A almost 6 decades back) until the present, there has always been at least one in my life. That said, I'm highly allergic to mass gatherings like EJS or Rubicon runs and prefer to either be with one other vehicle or solo. I've even stooped so low as to have that other vehicle be a Toyyyy-damn, can't say it.

http://image.trucktrend.com/f/roadt...ghty-fc-concept-passenger-side-front-view.jpg

yeah, that FC is sweet. Those portal axles are awesome. Speaking of portals, I'd love a unimog.

I love the Jeep GC especially the LTD from the late 90s.

Is the new Overlander made in US or Italy?

Gesendet von meinem ViperoneM8 mit CrapaTalk

I've been a big fan of Jeep for a long time. My current Wrangler has started to show/feel its age though, so I've been thinking about upgrading and requested a brochure for the new Renegade out of curiosity. This leads me to one thing I hate about Jeep -- their terrible photoshopped "adventure" shots which they commonly use in PR materials. Check this one out:

Jeep.jpg

I can't find it now, but a previous flyer had a Wrangler driving up the Wave. I wonder how hard it was to get the permit for THAT! :)

Anyway... don't mean to sidetrack the thread, just wanted to air my grievance and wondered if this bugs other people.

I'm with you on the photochop dislike.

My favorite concept for some time, except for the color.
Jeep-JT-Concept-3.jpg

Too bad only Egyptian military or the like could buy them. AEV tried to make them available to joe Q public minus the engine, but the Fiat thing happened and now only a watered down version can be built from a JK I believe.

154_0707_01_z+busted_up_jeeps_secret_stash+jeep_jk_truck_resurrection.jpg

I'm with you on the photochop dislike.

My favorite concept for some time, except for the color.
Jeep-JT-Concept-3.jpg

Too bad only Egyptian military or the like could buy them. AEV tried to make them available to joe Q public minus the engine, but the Fiat thing happened and now only a watered down version can be built from a JK I believe.

154_0707_01_z+busted_up_jeeps_secret_stash+jeep_jk_truck_resurrection.jpg
That's not a concept.... They have them for sale at our local Dealer.

That's not a concept.... They have them for sale at our local Dealer.

I am curious exactly what it is they are offering.

The JT was a simple concept, It featured a special cab, the remainder was from available parts, but still a one off build concept, built by Mopar underground and shown in 2007, It is based on the 3 door J8 / AIL Storm III

My understanding is the concept included;
J8 3 door body
J8 reinforced frame
Specially made Cab
J8 rear leaf suspension was swapped for the JK rear coil suspension
J8 rear Dana 60 axle
3" Lift kit, custom wheels, 35" tires

It was brought to Easter Jeep Safari and SEMA in 2007 and made the car show rounds ending up at the lowly Utah Auto Expo a season or two later where I first got a look at it in person.
More info and photos from the Moab debut back in 07'
http://www.offroaders.com/tech/jeep/Jeep-JT.htm

Chrysler approached AEV (who I think made the special cab?) and gave them permission to get 120 of the J8 crates annually and assemble them minus the engine, and let you install a choice of engines, or alternatively ship to your dealer for engine install. This was done as a way around the vehicle not meeting certain U.S. standards. A dealer could register it as a pieced together vehicle.
http://jalopnik.com/5201252/aev-j8-milspec-a-jeep-j8-built-for-civilians
I Lost track of what was happening with that idea after nobody was receiving orders in the shadow of rumors Chryco was selling off the Jeep brand. Turns out that this program to sell the JT through AEV was simply cancelled by Chrysler.
I think only a couple of them were built.

You can get J8s for commercial use in underground mining for example, I see a 3 door body option but still not quite a JT.

I don't see anything about them on AEV's website currently, a new Brute double cab but no JT.
aev_brute_doublecab_utah_profile.jpg

Sorry for the thread hijack : )

Maybe they aren't the same but the took the concept and made it sellable. The ones at the dealership are basically standard JKs with the rear seats removed and a pickup bed installed. I'm 6 foot and could not get the back seat fat enough to be comfortable. I'll see if I can find an ad to post.

JK8, not sure of the specs but you can order one from any dealership.

Looks like a factory conversion... And pricey.

de0975277d2be64303293e9c97273b28.jpg

Last edited:
That Blue Jeep Chief concept looked familiar, a continuation of the J-12 concept and Nukizer retro theme.
6295463c7df6e7994a03df0fd7ff5330.jpg

I like that they explore all the variables of the retro theme, military (Nukizer), truck (J-12), and a nod at the old Chief / Wagoneer with the Chief concept this year.
But also feels like they are just recycling the same idea.

JK8, not sure of the specs but you can order one from any dealership.

Looks like a factory conversion... And pricey.

Ah the JK8, Thanks,
JK-8_5.jpg

Which was also shown at Moab a few years ago appearantly.
So the kit alone is over 6 grand shipped, and 6-8 month wait.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12503_8000_07.htm
Here is a do it yourself installation thread.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/jeep-jk8-project-151680.html
wow, no wonder the Dealers will want so much!

The only reason I would sell my Rubicon would be for a Jeep truck.
I love the look of the red J-12. Lockers, Dana 44 and 60, 36" tires, Fox shocks, and a bench seat.

My wife wants to trade her Wrangler in for a Volvo C30. I'm trying to be very supportive and talk her out of it at the same time. Lol