What beer you drinking?

Mack Shaft

What beer you drinking? I just moved to Missoula and trying to find my favorite local. So Far Bitterroot is winning with their Honey Citra Imperial IPA.

What beer you drinking? I just moved to Missoula and trying to find my favorite local. So Far Bitterroot is winning with their Honey Citra Imperial IPA.

Missoula is a great beer town. Although Big Sky is great, I think that Kettle House is doing the coolest stuff with their brews. They had a Mocha Porter when I was there about 3 years ago. It's also just a great building, check it out if you haven't.

I like too many beers to just name one. :coffee:

Not sure if you're talking solely about MT brews or not but my current favorite is Allagash Brewing Co. (Maine I think)

Kettle House's Cold Smoke is great off the tap. I also enjoy Kings Peak Porter from the tap at Uinta Brewery. It seems to taste a bit different everywhere else, but at the brewery it's good.

I've got a friend who brews his own beer and his oatmeal stout and smokey porter are extremely good too.

Im interested in whatever beer you are drinking. Before I moved my favorite beers in Minnesota are Indeed Brewing "Day Tripper" and Surly "Over rated"

What an I drinking at this very moment? PBR. Good local beer? If you visit New Mexico and like IPA... try happy camper. Great IPA and it comes in a can!

I've been on an IPA-only diet for a few years now. We have 3 breweries that have opened up over the last 5 years here in Lexington, KY and 2 of them make excellent IPA's...West 6th Brewing and Country Boy and they both can their beers. Bottles are so 2012. The other is more of an anti-IPA, more European type place, Blue Stallion. But my dog loves the leather couch, so I'm trying to be a bit more adventurous.

IMG_1519.jpg

10708758_10152246299271599_3905192349200177318_o.jpg

Right now I am drinking Chili Beer. It is pretty much Tecate (pale lager), but has a chili pepper add for extra kick. I am a big fan spicy beers.

Right now I am drinking Chili Beer. It is pretty much Tecate (pale lager), but has a chili pepper add for extra kick. I am a big fan spicy beers.

If you ever find yourself in Buffalo, WY, Clear Creek Brewing Co has an awesome chili porter.

Blacktooth Brewing Co out by the Bighorns (based in Sheridan, WY) also has some nice brews that I will miss over the winter (especially their "Indian Paintbrush IPA"). Its looking like I'll have to find some Colorado brews to replace them.

It's patriotic to support the local beers, but this weekend I was on a Northern California theme. Started with Lagunitas Lil Sumpin Sumpin Ale, and for dessert, Mendocino Eye of the Hawk Imperial Ale.

It's patriotic to support the local beers, but this weekend I was on a Northern California theme. Started with Lagunitas Lil Sumpin Sumpin Ale, and for dessert, Mendocino Eye of the Hawk Imperial Ale.
I dig Lagunitas. They have some tasty beers.

When I'm in Utah,
Tecate mostly, Sam Adams if I can grab one, Devestator in Escalante area.

Odell Isolation ale
Drinking a clone of Isolation as I write this. It is a good caramel beer.

On tap I have a:
  • Isolation Clone (maybe 4.5 Gallons)
  • Double Chocolate Stout (maybe 2.5 Gallons)

In other untapped kegs I have:
  • Hobgoblin Clone (10 Gallons)
  • Alaska Amber Clone (5 Gallons)
  • Manny's Pale Ale Clone (5 Gallons)
  • Holly Christmas spiced ale (5 Gallons)

Lagering:
  • 10 Gallons of Märzen (Oktoberfest) beer lagering (will be done in December)
Fermenting:
  • 5 Gallons of Arrogant Bastard Clone (will be done in 3 weeks)
  • 5 Gallons of Apple Wine (eh, when is wine "done"?)
  • 5 Gallons of Kate the Great Russian Imperial Stout Clone (will be done in December)

I've got a friend who brews his own beer and his oatmeal stout and smokey porter are extremely good too.

I'm the friend scatman is referring to. The oatmeal stout and smokey porter have both been consumed.
Besides hiking and camping, home-brewing is a fun hobby. :twothumbs: