Slot Canyons in the Blue Mountains of Australia are AWESOME!

Christian

I hate to say this, but the slot canyons in the Blue Mountains of Australia are more magical looking to me than any of the slots on the Colorado Plateau. They are similar in form but they have mammoth ferns, neon green moss, glow worms, platypi, fog, steam, and crystal clear water. Apparently you can get guide services for really cheap from what I've seen online. It also looks like there are absolutely tons of these green Australian slot canyons in the Blue Mountains.

Here are some stolen pics from around the web:

06-black-hole-calcutta-6701.jpg09-rocky-creek-canyon-light-670.jpg02-claustral-canyon-ferns-670.jpgClaustral-Canyon-Blue-Mountains-National-Park-Australia-11129861.jpg
18-carved-canyon-walls-670.jpg

And here are some links:

Ranon Canyon Video

Yileen Canyon Video

Some cool trip reports from the area

Someone sent me a link to this place today, the Echidna Chasm in North-West Australia. It's apparently just under a mile and a half long and almost 700 feet deep in places. Looks cool!

681x454.jpg

echidna-people2-4666-500px.jpg

10xakua.jpg

echidna-trail-4630-450px.jpg

EchidnaChasm-WASQPBH30011850.jpg

echidna_chasm3.jpg

rock-flow-purnululu-echidna-chasm-kurrajong-western-australia.jpg

echidna-chasm-bungle-bungles-wa-12.jpg

Those are gorgeous. A few months ago I randomly came across some images from those Australian slots and was really blown away by them. I like the desert but the lushness of these canyons really takes it to another level.

Back