Scales

What does everyone use to weigh your gear? I hear everyone talk about how much all their individual items weigh but all I know are based on specs from the internet, but I customize a lot of my stuff. What's a good scale that you guys recommend to weigh my gear?

I use a $19.95 harbor freight digital scale...reads up to 10lbs..... reads in oz, grams, lbs to the 10th.

I have an old 32 oz analog kitchen scale, but if I were buying one I'd probably get something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Ozeri-Digital-Kitchen-Capacity-Stylish/dp/B003E7AZQA/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1416247208&sr=8-9&keywords=digital scale

I like the flexibility in weight and increments. Oh, and it's cheap!

I have one that looks like that. It works well. You have to get a little creative to weigh bigger items. And it can be a little tough to see the screen when you have big items on it. Other than that, it has been great.

It's a lot of fun to weigh all your stuff. It can get kind of addictive. It really help me cut out some dumb and heavy stuff that I was lugging around.

Hey @Nick I actually have that same scale.

a8c9d11a3b29e2af766515824524d435.jpg

I use a digital kitchen scale. If you place a large bowl on it upon startup , it will zero out, then put the item or items to be weighed in the bowl. I use a luggage scale when weighing by entire pack (pre weight and posts weight). I usually do a base weight and load weight. This has helped me shave weight a little at a time.

StoryTellerTN
Hike on!

Back