Graphic Images: Dead Cows in Little Death Hollow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nick, Apr 9, 2012.

Find Kayelyn
  1. Nick

Nick >_

Mod note: I moved the dead cow discussion out of the Slot Canyons album as to not muddy up the pretty pictures with the nasty dead cow pics below.

We met a BLM law enforcement ranger in the canyon on Saturday. Turned out he was a really cool guy named Jeff that I had met last year. We hiked with him for a while to where the first two cows were. He was there to take photos and see the state of the cows so they could work with the rancher to get them removed. The third one is in a rather precarious spot so I sure hope they can do something.

IMG_6091.jpg
    regehr likes this.
  2. Seldom Seen Anderson

Seldom Seen Anderson Member

Still not as bad as your bloated cow picture in....Willow? I think??
  3. Nick

Nick >_

This one was much more avoidable. There was a calf just up canyon from it tucked behind a boulder. They were all quite fresh but it's gonna get ugly in there as it warms up. :eek:

IMG_6001 (1).jpg

IMG_5993.jpg
  4. Nick

Nick >_

Yeah, that one was a bit more graphic but also more comical. These ones were kinda sad. :(

Okay, bloated cow pic again. Damn, this is almost becoming the Dead Cows album now. :lol:

[​IMG]
    Why a water purifier is such a good idea by ibenick, on Flickr
    Seldom Seen Anderson likes this.
  5. NateGeesaman

NateGeesaman Donkey

Wow! Removing that black one will be a serious task. Call in Aron Ralston:confused:
    neiloro and ibenick like this.
  6. gloo

gloo {insert witty remark here}

oh that's nasty. I hope they can be removed quickly before they start rotting..I once ran into a rotting dear in a slot. We smelled it hours before we saw it...one of the worst smells ever. I can only imagine how bad these could be haha.
  7. pixie1339

pixie1339 Desperately Seeking Sandstone

Sad! Seeing dead animals always bums me out. I know it's part of life, but I hate that part.:(
  8. moose droppings

moose droppings Member

Any update on the dead cow situation in Little Death Hollow?
  9. ashergrey

ashergrey Broadcaster

It's part of life but it's also valid to ask why these mostly barren lands are used for livestock range. Deaths like that come at great cost to the livestock owner.