Book on local plants

Dwm

Does anybody know of a book or books that can educate me on identifying local plants, and which are edible?

Thanks for the information. I have ordered it and will read it this weekend in the Sawtooths.

Thanks for the information. I have ordered it and will read it this weekend in the Sawtooths.
I love the Sawtooths. I'm so jealous. Where are you headed if you don't mind me asking?

I am starting at Pettit lake TH and heading up to the twin lakes area. Camp there one night. Then bust over the pass towards Vernon and Edna Lakes. Skip over to some small lakes on the way to Imogene lake and peak. Camp another night and then climb over to Farley lake and head back to TH. Hope to find some alone time, but it can be very busy there this time of year.

You live in Malad City? How great is that! The Sawtooths hold some of the most amazing country I have ever seen. Two years ago we went to the Rakers area. We stood below them and was inspired by the majesty of that mountain range! Last year we went too late, Ocotober, and found ourselves in snow. I could stay there for days and love it. I do enjoy our Uinta mountains, they are so great! But my first love of backpacking came from the Sawtooths. Here is a photo from last year.

Attachments

• 576982_2388683654402_2038499223_n (2).jpg
    576982_2388683654402_2038499223_n (2).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 11
Great pic... I have spent most of my time in the Sawtooth range around the Red fish Lake area. Hope you post a trip report when you get back.I would like to see more pics and here about your adventures.