Album Wildlife

Like the waterfall thread this is one of the best I've seen anywhere. Many thanks to all of you great photographers for a great rainy morning here in the Hole from this pointandshootaramus.

Moose in the backyard. I didn't sneak up THAT close on it.

Art, you'd know this. Are these moose tracks that I came across a few weeks ago in NH? They were tracks from something coming out of the woods and onto the trail and about 6" long.

5-1.jpg

5-2.jpg

Well @Vegan.Hiker it is a little hard to tell much due to the condition of the track probably because of the condition of the snow crust, the other animal tracks over and around it and the features inside of the track.

Here is a typical moose track outline. 6" is at the very top of the range in size too. The Alces Alces in my 'hood don't get that big.

Screen Shot 2014-12-14 at 10.17.21 PM.png

Ursus americanus manure in the backyard. Course it could be a moose since the scat overlaps in size, color, type and shape. But we had a black bear we laughed at right there the night before.
bearClose_4.jpg

Alces alces inspecting said manure to determine "which way did he go?"
IMG_3614.jpg

I have a great backyard!

Last edited:
Yes, you do. Have you actually seen any ursus americanus in your back yard?
Yes, that incident I was referring to (and many other times in the neighborhood). That incident involved my wife in the dark in her nightie leaning over the deck rail to get the bird feeder while a black bear reached for the feeder from the aspen tree in the other direction. Dang, my pictures were bust!

Haha ......... pic of moose in tennies.....?

...some of 2014. Seldom I've a Chance to see wildlife.

Mule Ears Buffet - breakfest in White Pocket

MEBB.jpg

MEBB_01.jpg

MEBB_02.jpg

MEBB_03.jpg

MEBB_04.jpg
Little snake in Death Hollow.
Very fast and a length up to 1 meter. Next day we both saw the same kind of snake swimming in the upper Escalante river.

LittleSnake.jpg

UFO in the stretch between Escalante and Boulder.

UFO.jpg

LOL! That quite the echo!