Album Sunsets

I'm really inspired by all of the excellent sunset pictures here. So I thought I would put up some of my favorites - even though the pictures were taken on the other side of the world and 2/3 of a life time ago. I just like to look at them and hope you enjoy them too. Some good memories associated with these.Seychelles0003.jpg
Sun setting on the Indian Ocean from Mahe Island, Republic of Seychelles.
Seychelles011.jpg Taken from the shore of La Digue Island. Praslin Island in the background. Republic of Seychelles.
Seychelles013.jpg
Another sunset on the Indian Ocean from Mahe Island, Republic of Seychelles. Therese Island is just off shore.

Last edited:
After arriving at Death Valley on April 1, 2010 we spent the afternoon in front of the Furnace Creek General Store surviving the 98 F in the shade with a couple of cold drinks and icecreams. When we put up our tent after the sun had disappeared we got this wonderful sunset.
DV_camp.jpg
stitched with Microsoft ICE

I've had this shot in mind for a couple months, but whenever the conditions were right (low tide and sunset with no marine layer) I always had some other obligation that I couldn't get out of. I finally got to Torrey Pines last night at a super low tide and got a few shots of the cliffs reflected in the water.

Torrey Pines Cliff Reflection.jpg

Cliff Reflection Closer.jpg

Last shot of 2014. This was taken during an exceptionally low tide at Torrey Pines State Beach, which revealed rocks that aren't normally seen. The sun was perfectly positioned between these two, and without the low tide this shot would be impossible. Happy New Year everyone, hope 2015 is filled with adventures!

Farewell 2014 Sunset shot.jpg

The last sunset of 2014, Big Island, Hawai'i

i-6jhLSzs-L.jpg

The first sunset of 2015, Big Island, Hawai'i

i-qS5Ntd2-L.jpg