Uintas Conditions 2014

I was in the Uintas tonight and got rained on. But the evening turned out pleasant enough after that. Amazing how it can be over 90 and sunny when I leave Utah valley and raining and lightning in the Uintas. Gotta love it. The aspens on the mirror lake highway are unbelievable right now, I've never seen so many red ones.

The aspens on the mirror lake highway are unbelievable right now, I've never seen so many red ones.

Yeah, that's what I wanna hear! I just hope lightning doesn't prevent us from bagging the peak that we're eyeing.

Anyone have solid info on how the high country's looking after this week's storms? I'm considering a last run up to the Uintas for the season this weekend.

If I head south, I'll spend most of my time driving. My trailhead beater car is also out of service so getting to the goods would be more difficult.

Anyone been up to the Uintas in the last few days? Trying to gauge how much snow is left there from the storm a few days ago. The Trial Lake snotel is still registering 3" but I'm wondering if most if it has actually melted and it's just patches in the shade now...

What can you see from your house, @langutah?

Is someone considering a weekend run?

UDOT road report says 150 is dry and open, so there's that.

What can you see from your house, @langutah?
Well, from a LONG ways away I can only see the top of the furthest west peaks, maybe. They look whitish. But, that is not a very good assessment to go by. I am not close enough. Sorry.

Well, from a LONG ways away I can only see the top of the furthest west peaks, maybe. They look whitish. But, that is not a very good assessment to go by. I am not close enough. Sorry.

That's kind of the impression I'm getting. I don't mind having some snow around but it sounds like it's probably full coverage up around trial lake and further up into the passes.

That would make footprints easier to follow, if that plays a role in your decision.

Last edited:
Haha. Go see how far Les is actually from the road? :) That's actually not why I was considering it. I had an invite to tag along on a trip and it was tempting to do before I get my knee chopped next week, but I am not a fan of backpacking on a bed of snow, so I'm probably just going to stick around and clean up leaves, etc. while I'm still of some use around the house. Would have been cool to backpack up there in November though.

I would totally be looking for him if I hadn't moved! A few calls to some hotels in Vernal, Roosevelt, Park City, and Heber City would probably turn up a film crew...

Anyone been up there lately? I'm thinking about doing a winter trip and snowshoeing in, but with the weather being the way its been this year, is there even enough snow for snow shoes?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Upgrayedd Uintas Conditions 2023 Trip Planning 39
2eez4life Uintas Conditions 2022 Trip Planning 18
Upgrayedd Uintas Conditions 2021 Trip Planning 9
Upgrayedd Uintas Conditions 2020 Trip Planning 69
J Uintas Conditions 2019 Trip Planning 209
Dave Uintas Conditions 2018 General Discussion 210
Dave Uintas Conditions 2017 General Discussion 128
Jackson Uintas Conditions 2016 General Discussion 93
Vegan.Hiker Wasatch/Uintas conditions late April/early May Trip Planning 6
Upgrayedd Starting a fire in damp conditions in the Uintas General Discussion 14
Nick Uintas Conditions 2015 General Discussion 212
MtnMatt Uintas conditions?? Trip Planning 9
MtnMatt current conditions in the Uintas General Discussion 1
Nick Uintas Conditions 2013 General Discussion 115
Tarp Boy Looking for Shuttle service for Uintas Granddaddy basin trip Trip Planning 0
2eez4life Suggestions: Uintas Backpacking with some rock climbing routes Trip Planning 0
regehr (Uintas) Lake Fork Fun Backpacking 8
scatman Reid's Peak - Uintas - July 22, 2023 Hiking & Camping 6
NorthwestWanderer First time in the High Uintas | Red Castle SNEAK Loop | I give these mountains 5 out of 5 stars Backpacking 7
regehr Uintas this weekend? Trip Planning 4
2eez4life 4 days 3 nights in the Uintas Trip Planning 9
6 Uintas Trip Planning Trip Planning 5
Perry Sunrise/Sunset Uintas Marriage Proposal Location Suggestions Trip Planning 25
N Gilbert Meadows- High Uintas Trip Planning 0
WasatchWill The High Uintas 4-4-4: Four Basins, Four Passes, Four Days Backpacking 20
C High Uintas Wilderness - Last minute plans Trip Planning 4
Mountain Wanderer High Uintas Wilderness - Granddaddy Basin Backpacking 4
scatman Bourbon Lake, Uintas - July 11, 2020 Hiking & Camping 4
ridings82 Uintas Backpacking Loop Trip Reports 12
B Uintas question Hiking & Camping 3
Tarp Boy Uintas in late June? Trip Planning 10
Born to Hike Mountain Solitude: Reconnaissance Lake, High Uintas, early Sept 2019 Backpacking 9
Ehouston24 Uintas Loop (Red Castle/Kings Peak) Trip Planning 14
DrNed Plan B to High Uintas Backpacking Trip Planning 20
DrNed Recommendation for 35-45 Mile Route in the Uintas Trip Planning 7
Yvonne A weekend in the Uintas Hiking & Camping 10
WasatchWill 5 Guys on a Trail: A Tour of the Southwestern Uintas Backpacking 12
wabenho Rainbow Lake, Uintas - September 2018 Backpacking 6
DesertRatShorty Solitude in the Uintas -- Gilbert Lake Loop Backpacking 14
jdfut66 Uintas - Priord Lake to Deadhorse Lake Loop Backpacking 6
Born to Hike Clements Lake and East Basin in the High Uintas, mid-July 2018 Backpacking 6
TrektheWorld Need help with Uintas trip - camping Trip Planning 8
Perry Missing hiker in Uintas - Ray Humpherys General Discussion 104
Mike K Uintas Three Nighter Backpacking 13
LarryBoy In Which I Forget Sunscreen (Uintas 2015) Backpacking 11
Brian Handsaker Uintas Backpacking (or Montana) Trip Planning 9
Uncle_Dim October in the Uintas Trip Planning 2
Perry Late Season Uintas Day Hike Ideas. Bear River to WFBF and Back? Trip Planning 13
r3biker Backpacking trip to Clyde lake in Uintas Backpacking 8
WasatchWill An Intro to the Uintas Hiking & Camping 2