Album Wildlife

Kangaroo-1442.JPG
This kangaroo was getting a drink by the side of the road in Mungo National Park. The picture was taken about half an hour after sunset in near dark so the eyes are wide open rather than squinting into the sun.

Kangaroo-1581.JPG
On the other hand these kangaroos near Broken Hill had just been disturbed from their midday rest in the shade of a tree hence the closed eyes. It was warm (100+F) and we all should have been resting in some shade, by a bar, somewhere.

This kangaroo was getting a drink by the side of the road in Mungo National Park. The picture was taken about half an hour after sunset in near dark so the eyes are wide open rather than squinting into the sun.

Ha! I've never seen these in Escalante! It is great to get reminded that we BCP'ers aren't all from the American West. Keep 'em coming. Maybe now we can get @Michael to show us some uniquely German wild animals. Thanks Noel. :twothumbs:

Life! I love it. Might be just stupid human tricks sticking a camera on him but it sure is fun. Thanks.

This guy was a lucky dude.

The Crime Scene

i-RtvD4Ht-L.jpg

while camping high on the Mesa near China Neck near the Maze we found this Scorpion getting its meal. We were surprised because it was only in the 30s that night and super windy and chilly.

One of the happiest toads I've ever seen. Look at the big grin!
IMG_3581.jpg

Haha! That is a sweet grin! I saw some happy toads once too, but they weren't grinning like that!

5791514583_95f17f86b1_b.jpg
HAHAHAHA