Hello

Hi, I'm a new member, new to backpacking (planning a short trip for next summer and then hopefully many more after that), but am a fairly experienced camper (car camp usually 10-15 nights a year).

Researching (and buying) backpacking gear has been a fun way to kill some time over the last few months.

My current kit:
Osprey Aether 55L backpack
Nemo Tempo 35F sleeping bag
Klymit static V sleeping pad

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Welcome to the journey that is backpacking! What kinds of fishing do you usually do? Bit of an enthusiast for fishing myself.

DO NOT BUY a backpack. Once you do, the joy of shopping around and comparing will disappear....until you decide you need a second backpacker for shorter trips....or maybe for longer trips. :^)_
Lol. I've already gone past that point.

Still shopping for a backpacking tent. Our current tent is a TNF Stormbreak3 which weighs 6pounds so not precisely backpack friendly.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Welcome to the journey that never ends... and a forum that has taught me a lot.

If possible. try to keep your "big 3" (tent, sleep system, backpack) at 9 lbs. I found controlling total weight gets more important the older I get! Colder conditions generally requires more weight (clothing, sleeping gear). I try to keep my fishing gear down to about 1 lb these days and have started using a smartphone only for photos. You have a good start.

Back